Welcome to my blog. Here I have tried to capture the adventures of our little family and the trials and tribulations of our never ending garden project(s). Take a look around and leave a comment if you wish. Thanks for stopping by. Jer.


Pining for this

Pinus Contorta 'Chief Joseph'. The holy grail of my conifer want list...turns school bus yellow in winter...the colder the better. Haven't found a source for this one yet north of the 49th parallel. The search continues.

*have found Pinus Sylvestris Gold Coin which would be a worthy substitute


garcan said...

Yeah, I would like to have a Chief Joseph as well.
My Pinus Sylvestris 'Wolting's Gold' looks a little more bright golden than your 'Gold Coin' in winter. May be it's just a difference in the time when the pictures are taken. Is the picture you showed taken in mid-winter or early spring?

Jeremy said...

Hi there GarCan...thanks for the comment. Actually the Gold Coin is a borrowed picture. What I meant is that I have found a source in Canada for this tree if I cannot find the Chief Joseph. BTW, I was poking around your website...very nice!

garcan said...

Hi Jeremy,
Good luck with your hunt for Chief Joseph. If I came across it first, I will let you know.

Jeremy said...

Great! Likewise.

Anonymous said...

Hi: Thanks for your pictures. Gorgeous. Could you advise what is that tree with red leaves or flowers behind Chief Joseph?